You know, if all you jumped off a bridge, I'd probably think it was so much fun and I'd join in that too. I'm awesome like that. Not really. Don't try it. If you're dumb enough to jump then go for it. I get off track. So here, goes...
1. How long have you been blogging? And what got you started on blogging? Has your blog changed?
I technically started blogging last August, but didn't really get active in my blog until this past March. I got started because I was moving into a new rental house and had a ton of ideas I wanted to share. It's changed in that I'm not just posting about house stuff anymore. I'm basically opening the curtains and letting you guys into all kinds of areas of my life. You're welcome.
2. Did you go to college? If so where, and what did you study?
This is a bitter subject. I was one of those students that wanted to take a year off that turned into ten. I started taking classes again when I lived in Las Vegas. After moving a couple more times, I have settled in Tulsa and am taking classes at the private university I work for, The University of Tulsa. It's going to take me a long while to finish because not much of my NV credits transferred here and I'm only taking two classes at a time, but you can't beat the free employee tuition rates so I try not to complain!
3. Where have you traveled?
I've been to 49 out of the 50 states, Canada, Mexico, Italy, France and England.
4. If you won the lottery, what would be the first thing you would buy?
I would buy nice houses for my siblings and my papa. We've all moved around and have different things going on, but I'd love for each of use to have whatever house we wanted in whatever city we wanted. Each would have a lovely guest room reserved JUST FOR ME because I bought the dang houses, right?!
5. What are your 3 biggest pet peeves?
1) People that are rude AND dumb. I can handle rude and I can handle dumb, but I can't handle people that are both.
2) Intolerance. Isn't that crazy that I'm intolerant of intolerant people? But it's true.
3) Whistling or the hiccups. I get both of these from my mom. She hated whistling and if we had the hiccups we had to leave the room til they were gone. Now I'm the same way.
6. What is your favorite movie?
Hands down, Steel Magnolias.
7. What is your drink of choice; wine, beer, or liquor. Or Water, Soda, Tea?
Liquor. I don't like beer and I only like white wines, but give me a margarita or screwdriver and I'm a happy girl.
8. What is something you enjoy to do when you have me time?
I like anything crafty. I love to take up a comfy spot on the couch, watch a little trashy reality tv and embroider a tea towel or crochet a scarf. To me those are mindless things I can zone out on and not worry about work, school, men or money.
9. If you could have a $10,000 shopping spree to one store, which store would it be?
Probably Pottery Barn or Crate & Barrel.
10. Share with us an embarrassing moment of your past? Or present.
There are so many to choose from! I was trying to give my two weeks notice at a summer job (a family friend's gas station). I couldn't think of the past tense for "seek" as in, I didn't seek them out. So, instead I looked him straight in the face and said, "Jeff, I want you to know I didn't seek them out, they sucked me out." I wanted to die.
11. What day would you love to relive again?
The days before my mom died. She passed suddenly so I'd want to take the time to tell her goodbye, how much I'd miss her, how much I loved her, how much she meant to me, all that sappy shi....stuff. I know she knew all that already, but I'd want to say them to her one more time.
12. If your life was turned into a movie... what actor would play you?
A brunette Bette Midler. Funny and super talented, just like me, right?
13. What are the jobs you had in high school/college/the early years?
I worked at Albertsons grocery store through high school and then worked at a stationary store for a few years. For a summer I worked at a Chevron gas station for a summer that had a car wash and sub shop. Then I went on to work at an AT&T Wireless call center before bouncing around the good ol' U.S. of A.
14. Show us a picture from high school or college.
|I could cheat and put a current picture because I'm in college |
right now, but I'll go ahead and post this one because
it's the only one I have access to at the moment.
|This isn't high school, but it's my favorite picture|
from my childhood years. This was the picture they
took a a child safety booth at the mall. If I went
missing, this is the picture that would have been
on milk cartons. Sweet, right?!
15. If you could travel anywhere in the world, all expenses paid, where would you go?
Is it cheating if I say a cruise around the world?! Ok, I'd go to Europe. Still cheating? I'd go to Italy.
16. Show us the most current picture of you or you, or your family, or anything of meaning to you.
To see the most recent picture of me, check out today's Truth or Dare post where I posted a picture of myself first thing this morning. WOW was I feeling brave. Instead I'll post a pic I adore. It's of me with me Auntie P and my sis at her wedding. Auntie P is coming to visit at the end of the month and I'm so freakin' excited I can't even stand it!
|One of my all time favorite pictures of all time.|
17. Where do you see your life 5 years from now?
Who knows. If you'd have told me 5 years ago I'd be living in Tulsa, Oklahoma I would have laughed my ass off. I learned long ago not to plan that far out. I'm living life for today and whatever it holds. Where I'll be in 5 years is anybody's guess.