Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Boy, oh boy, has life been crazy in this neck of the woods.
Friday, I took a half day off so I could clean the house and start party prep for this little angel's 2nd birthday party on Saturday.
 Well, an hour or two into the afternoon I got a call from Sis and her husband, Chris, telling me Bethany's doctor wasn't going to let her go home from her weekly check-up because the baby's growth had dropped in the chart from the 6th percentile to the less than 3rd percent.  They were checking her into the hospital for monitoring.

I offered to cancel the party, but Sis wanted it to go on.
Chris came over and helped me with the yard work.
He also saved me from a giant snake.
Ok, it could have been a small garden snake.
I may have also squealed, danced, and leaped around a little bit to get his attention.

We were hoping Sis would get released Saturday in time for the party but that did not happen.  They decided to keep her until Monday for another check up with the doctor.

Thanks to Chris, and some help from the birthday boy himself, we were able to get the house decorated and food ready for the party.  I could not have done it without him.  Thanks, Tristopher!!

Here's a little peak at the party theme...Elmo.
This is Grant with his "best friend" Jackson.
They are so fun together. 

Another thank you goes out to my dear cousin, Ashley, for helping during the party.  I LOVE YOU, ASHLEY!!

So, the party went off without a hitch.
Afterwards half of us took more cupcakes, some presents, and such up to Sis in the hospital so she didn't miss out on the festivities.  That was a lot of fun.

Chris had to work Sunday so Ashley took the morning portion of watching Grant while I spent the morning doing the research for my science paper that was due Monday.  Yes, started the research.  I picked Grant up, we visited Sis, and then we went back to his house for a nap.  When Chris got off work I headed home and started my paper.  I didn't finish until 2 am.  I was a hot mess on Monday.

Monday rolled around and Sis found out she's going to be incarcerated in the hospital until Ava makes her grand appearance.  The goal is to keep her in there for another 5 weeks.  

This means Sis will be on bed rest in the hospital for over a month if all goes well.  That's a long time!  So, Operation Make Sis Feel At Home is in full effect. 
This morning I ran some pictures up to her room of immediate family and some scribbles Grant made for her.  We have a few other things up our sleeves, but this will do for now.

I can't thank family and friends enough for the love and support they've shown to Bethany, Chris, and Grant.  You've all been so wonderful.  Last night Sis and I were talking about how it was meant to be that they moved here just over a year ago.  They are where they are supposed to be...here...were we/you all are here to rally around them.  THANK YOU!!!

Papa and his wife, LaDonna are headed home to help with childcare and life in general.  I can't wait to see them tomorrow.

Speaking of tomorrow, it's poor lil' ol' Sis' 40th birthday!
What a rotten way to spend your birthday, but we will do our best to make it as amazeballs as possible.

Needless to say, that's why I've been a little MIA and might be for the next month or so.  I will do my best to keep up the blog, but with as crazy as things have been, and will continue to be, I might be a little hit and miss for a while.

Tagged: ,


  1. Wow. You are and awesome sister/aunt/daughter/daughter-in-law/person (did I miss anything). I hope sis feels better and all is well with her and your family!

  2. Prayers for your sister and baby!!


Thank you for stopping by! I love me some comments.
I prefer to reply via email so be sure you're not a "no-reply" commenter.